How We Convert a Van to a Camper
Campervans are becoming an increasingly popular way of travelling and staying in remote paces and have numerous benefits associated with them. Some of the benefits include, being more simple to drive, park and looking very stylish. We have been involved in Camper Van Conversions for many years and have huge experience in creating fantastic camper vans that look great. We can use new or used vans. Here’s how we do it:
Understanding Your Requirements
We know that a camper van can be a large expense and so we want to produce exactly the camper van of your dreams. We work closely with you to understand your requirements and discuss your range of options. To start with, we will book you a workshop tour, so you can see how we work and that all of our work is done in house by skilled trades people. We will then sit down with you to discuss the range of options available a build a bespoke quotation for you to go away with you. No hard sell, no obligation.
Once you have decided to use us for your camper conversion, we then book you a production slot and prepare for the job.
We are proud to be able to offer a wide range of options to tailor your conversion exactly to your requirements. Before we get to work on the job, we have a second meeting with you to make sure you are still happy with the original choices you made. The final meeting will also discuss colour options available to you. Once everything has been chosen, we can begin the work.
Working on your Camper Van
You will have signed off the bespoke quote we put together for you and either given us your van or we will let you know that your van has arrived (if we are supplying one). We will then work through your quote in a methodical order to ensure one piece of work does not interfere with, or have an adverse effect on, your build. Depending on your selections we could be working on:
- Elevating Roofs – We use Reimo as the manufacturer of our elevating roofs. We believe they are unparalleled for design and even have an easy to fit option available. The easy fit option features an internal OEM finish, vacuum moulded top and panoramic canvas which make it a great choice in almost all cases.
- Seating & Beds – We stock two seats that convert into beds when necessary. The Reimo 3000 is one of the safest options available on the market. It has met EU safety standards and is one of very few 3 seater seats with 3 point belts. Our recommendation, howeverr, is the RIB bed by Scopema. This is one of the most popular choices in Europe and is cheaper than the Reimo while still maintaining high safety standards.
- Paintwork – Our fully trained body and paint professionals are on hand to paint your VW camper conversion in our, fully operational, body shop.
- We use some of the best machinery available and our years of expertise to upholster your furniture to your specification whilst maintaining a very high level of quality. Our bespoke trimming options are the perfect way to personalise your camper can.
- Styling & Suspension – We are able to offer suspension and other OEM VW parts to improve the look of your van. Spoilers and headlights make the camper really stand out whilst improved suspension makes for a smoother drive.
- Heaters – Using your campervan year round means that you should be prepared for colder weather. We recommend Webasto heaters. The heater can be installed in a variety of places to best suit your particular conversion and can continuously output heat using minimum fuel and electricity.
- Windows – There are a variety of options available and we can install windows on any panel of your van.
- Awnings – We stock a wide range of awnings which we can fir to your van. They are a great option to add extra space to your van, once parked.
Once we have worked through your checklist of requirements you are able to pick up, and drive away, your new camper van conversions. Give us a call on 01296 730920 to speak to one of our friendly team today.